Find out how you can apply with confidence #InThisTogether

University of York International Pathways College cost of living

Studying abroad is an important investment, and you need to plan carefully. As well as tuition fees, you need to consider things like accommodation costs and living expenses.

The information below should help you understand these a little better.

Cost typeGuide cost (2019–20 academic year)Guide cost (2020–21 academic year)
Accommodation£6,069 to £9,413*£6,688 to £TBC
Living expenses
(including food, transport and social activities)
At least £1,015 per monthAt least £1,015 per month
Insurance£448 to £700£470 to £735
* This includes a £250 deposit for your accommodation. This will be returned to you in full when you move out of your room, on the condition that you leave it in good condition with no damage, and that there are no accommodation penalty charges to pay.

Accommodation costs

Exact accommodation fees will depend on your contract length and preferred housing option. All of our prices are highly competitive. See our University of York International Pathway College accommodation page for more details.

Living expenses

For each month of your pathway course, you’ll need at least £1,015, in accordance with UKVI regulations. Contact us for more information.


We offer EduTravel to all students. EduTravel is a comprehensive insurance policy for studying abroad, and is offered in partnership with Endsleigh, a leading insurance provider. The price depends on your pathway course length — the exact cost will be confirmed in the invoice that accompanies your offer letter