The cost of studying abroad
Find out how much it costs to study abroad in the USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand.
Why studying abroad is worth it
7 min read
See approximately how much you can expect to pay to study abroad in the USA.
- Degrees typically cost from $32,769 to $70,000 per year*
- Degree preparation programs range from $2,270 to $39,000
*Costs shown reflect the base tuition and program fees (applicable for the 2022–23 academic year).
Find out more about the associated costs of being an international student in America, including:
- general student services fees
- health insurance
- learning materials
Learn about where you could live and explore your options, which include:
- on-campus university accommodation
- off-campus private housing
Discover how much you can expect to pay for your tuition when studying in the UK.
- Typically, a degree preparation course costs from £14,000
- A bachelor’s degree can cost from £13,500 per year*
- A master’s degree can cost from £13,000*
*Degree tuition fees change regularly and this is an approximation.
Make sure you’re prepared for the cost of everyday life in the UK. See more about:
- Proof of funds needed for visa purposes
- Daily living costs, including eating out and groceries
- Accommodation and utility bills
Understand the type of insurance you’ll need when in the UK.
- Comprehensive insurance policy offered by Kaplan in partnership with a leading insurance provider
- Peace of mind about travel, health and your studies
We know that a high-quality education is a significant investment in your future.
To help make studying abroad more affordable, there are four types of scholarship opportunities available through Kaplan Pathways.
4 types of scholarships available: