Fees and costs for studying in the UK
How much does it cost to study abroad in the UK?
It depends! Some UK locations, courses and degrees are more expensive than others, but here’s a brief overview to give you an idea of what to expect.
Degree preparation course fees
International Year One
(Prices shown are for the 2023–24 academic year and may change in the future. Prices are shown exclusive of any sales taxes that may be due.)
- A degree preparation course helps you improve your English language level, academic skills or subject knowledge, or sometimes all three.
- If you pass your degree preparation course at the required level and with good attendance, then you are guaranteed entry to your chosen university degree!
Explore our UK International Colleges
Degree preparation course prices vary depending on which study option you choose.
UK university degree tuition fees
Once you’ve progressed from your preparation course to a UK university degree, you will need to start paying your degree tuition fees.
(Prices shown are international student tuition fees per year for 2023–24. This may increase in future academic years.)
Things to consider…
Living costs in the UK
You’ll want to make sure you can enjoy your time outside the classroom while you study abroad. Here are some things to consider…
- For visa purposes, you must have at least £1,023 for each month of your degree preparation course
- £1,334 per month if you are studying in London
- This is to cover living expenses for up to 9 months
Find out more about life in the UK.
UK average prices for:
You can choose from a wide range of accommodation options, making it easy to find your perfect home away from home that fits your needs and budget.
All bills (WiFi, electricity, gas, and water) are included at our residences, so you don’t need to worry about any unexpected costs!
Find out more about accommodation in the UK.
UK average accommodation prices for:
UK scholarships for international students
Studying abroad is a huge investment in your future. To make the experience more affordable, we offer scholarships that can help cover some of the costs.
Find out more about scholarships in the UK.