Master’s degree preparation
Degree preparation courses can help you gain entry to a master’s degree at a top university
Learn how you can gain entry to a master’s degree at one of our university partners in the USA, Canada, UK, Australia or New Zealand.
Is master’s degree preparation right for me?
A master’s degree preparation course can help if you…
- IELTS stands for International English Language Testing System. It’s the most popular English language test for international higher education.
- IELTS is proof of English language ability. You will typically need a test score to be accepted onto a course, and when you apply for a visa to study abroad.
Want to explore your master’s degree options?
Where can I apply for master’s degree preparation?
If you don’t yet meet entry requirements for a master’s degree, you can take a preparation course, usually at your degree study destination.
UK master’s degree preparation
Study a degree preparation course at one of our International Colleges in the UK, then progress to your chosen degree at university.
A preparation course that gets you ready for a master’s degree.
- Most of our International Colleges are on campus at our partner universities.
- You’ll learn more about your subject, be able to practise and improve your English, and get used to life in the UK.
- Learn more about how Kaplan colleges work.
- If you know you want to earn a master’s degree from a UK university, but you don’t know where yet, don’t worry! We’re here to help — just get in touch and we’ll help you explore your options.
US master’s degree preparation
Choose a master’s degree preparation course at Pace University in New York.
Progress to a master’s degree at Pace University in New York and earn credits to transfer to your degree.
Australia master’s degree preparation
You have several master’s degree preparation options with progression to a university in Australia.
Preparation for a master’s degree at the University of Adelaide.
Preparation for a master’s degree at the University of Newcastle.
New Zealand master’s degree preparation
Master’s degree preparation options with progression to a university in New Zealand.
Preparation for a master’s degree at Massey University.
Still got questions? Here’s some help…
Is a degree preparation course the same as a pathway course?
Yes, a pathway course and a degree preparation course are the same. It’s a course that you take before you start a degree to help you prepare for your university studies, and it helps you to meet the necessary entry requirements for a degree abroad. There are different types of degree preparation courses (pathway courses) for different study levels.
What is a Pre-Master’s programme?
A Pre-Master’s programme is a preparation course that helps you gain entry to a master’s degree. Sometimes these courses have different names but are the same thing: for example, at Massey University in New Zealand, you can study a Graduate Diploma, which is also a pathway to a master’s degree at the University.
What if I don’t need a degree preparation course?
If you already meet the requirements for your preferred degree, you probably won’t need to take a pathway course. We have lots of options for degree admission too — why not explore our degree admission page to learn more?