UK international student insurance

EduTravel: UK student insurance offered by Kaplan International Pathways 

We offer all students on our UK courses a comprehensive insurance policy (EduTravel), designed specifically for international students. EduTravel is a combined travel, health and academic insurance policy, designed to give you full cover, as well as added peace of mind.

We want to make sure you’re fully covered when studying abroad. That’s why you must have comprehensive insurance for the full period of your course with us in the UK.*

We offer the EduTravel policy in conjunction with Endsleigh, a leading UK insurance provider. Endsleigh has been insuring students for over 50 years and is the only provider that is recommended by the National Union of Students, so you can be sure you’re in good hands. 

*For students taking a degree preparation course delivered directly by the University of Bristol or University of Birmingham, insurance is not compulsory, but we strongly recommend that you take out EduTravel so you’re covered during your studies. If you request this, we will gladly add the EduTravel policy to your study package. 

Why do I need insurance?

Insurance gives you financial protection in case of medical emergencies, accidents or unforeseen problems when travelling. You will need comprehensive cover before you begin your trip abroad to study with Kaplan. 

To make it easier for you, if you decide to take the insurance, we will automatically add EduTravel to your course fees. If you’d like to use a different insurance provider, just show us proof that you have comprehensive cover when you accept your offer, and then we’ll be able to confirm your place. 

What protection is included in EduTravel? 

  • Cancellation of or changes to your Kaplan course in the UK 

  • Loss of property including cash, luggage, tickets and passport 

  • Medical expenses not already covered by the National Health Service in the UK 

  • Legal expenses incurred 

  • Cover for over 90 sports and activities 

  • Cover for leisure trips within Europe 

Your EduTravel policy will give you cover while you are staying in the UK, as well as on direct trips to and from your home country at the beginning and end of each academic term. You’ll also be covered on trips abroad that are a part of your course, and during leisure trips in Europe lasting up to 21 days in total. 

Please note that EduTravel may not cover certain conditions, so please read our policy carefully before deciding if it’s right for you. You can also contact us with any questions you may have. 

For more information about our insurance policy for international students, download the EduTravel guide below. 

Download useful information

(1.27MB, PDF)