Latest information: Remote study for UK

University of Liverpool International College cost of living

Studying abroad is a big investment, so you need to plan ahead. In addition to tuition fees, you need to think about things like accommodation, course learning material costs and living expenses.

The information below will help you understand these better.

Pathway course cost typeGuide cost (2022–223academic year)
Course learning materials£200 to £500
Accommodation in Liverpool£3,075 to £11,750*
Kaplan Living Special Support£300
Living expenses in Liverpool
(including food, transport and social activities)
At least £1,023 per month
Administration fee£200
Insurance£240 to £747
* Prices are estimates based on previous intakes, and are subject to change.

Course learning materials

The cost of course learning materials varies depending on your pathway course length and subject. The exact amount will be confirmed in your invoice that accompanies your offer letter.

Accommodation costs

Our prices for accommodation are extremely competitive. Exact fees depend on your contract length and chosen housing option. See our University of Liverpool International College accommodation page for more details.

Kaplan Living Special Support

If you sign up for Kaplan Living Special Support, you’ll benefit from Wellbeing Coordinators in your residence who will be available to help you settle into life in the UK, assist with any emergencies you may have, and offer an additional layer of pastoral care to ensure that you can live and study safely. This fantastic service is included in the accommodation package for all students under the age of 18, covered by an additional £300 fee. It is also optional for students over the age of 18 who would like a little extra support during their stay with us.

Living expenses

You need at least £1,023 per month of your pathway course, in line with UKVI regulations. Contact us for more information.

Administration fee

You’ll be charged an administration fee to cover administration costs related to your application. This is payable at the same time as your tuition deposit if you accept an offer to study at the College.


We offer all students EduTravel, a comprehensive insurance policy for studying abroad. This is offered in partnership with Endsleigh, a leading insurance provider. The price will depend on the length of policy you need — the exact cost will be confirmed in the invoice that accompanies your offer letter. If you start your pathway course online from home, we will adjust the length of your insurance policy to fit any part of your course that you study in the UK.

Paid work

If you have a Student visa you can work 10 hours per week during term-time and full-time during holiday periods. You cannot undertake any type of self-employment or business activity.