UWE Bristol’s International College cost of living

When you study abroad, you’re making a big investment. There’s a lot to think about. In addition to tuition fees, you should consider things such as accommodation, course learning material costs and living expenses.

The information provided below will help you understand these costs a little better. Figures listed below are for the 2019-20 academic year.

Cost typeGuide cost
Course learning materials£200 to £500
Accommodation£6,434 to £9,000*
Living expenses
(including food, transport and social activities)
At least £1,015 per month
Administration fee£200
Insurance£227 to £700
* This includes a £250 deposit for your accommodation. This will be returned to you in full when you move out of your room, on the condition that you leave it in good condition with no damage, and that there are no accommodation penalty charges to pay.

Course learning materials

Course learning materials cost between £200 to £500, depending on your pathway course length and subject. The exact amount will be confirmed in your invoice that accompanies your offer letter.

Accommodation costs

Our prices for accommodation are highly competitive. Exact fees will depend on your contract length and housing option. See our UWE Bristol’s International College accommodation page for more details.

Living expenses

You will need a minimum of £1,015 per month of your pathway course, in accordance with UKVI regulations. Contact us for more information.

Administration fee

Starting from the 4th April 2018, you’ll be charged a £200 administration fee to cover administration costs related to your application. This is payable at the same time as your tuition deposit if you accept an offer to study at the College.


Insurance costs are from £227 to £700 (depending on your pathway course length – the exact cost will be confirmed in the invoice that accompanies your offer letter). We offer EduTravel, a comprehensive insurance policy for studying abroad, to all students. It is offered in partnership with Endsleigh, a leading insurance provider.