Don't delay your studies: find out how you can apply with confidence this year.

University of Nottingham International College cost of living

Studying abroad is a big commitment, so you need to plan carefully. This includes your finances. As well as tuition fees, you need to consider things like accommodation costs, course learning material costs and living expenses.

The information below aims to help you understand these better.

Pathway course cost typeGuide cost (2019–20 academic year)Guide cost (2020–21 academic year)
Accommodation in Nottingham£5,965 to £9,930*£7,220 to £10,600*†
Course learning materials£200 to £400**£200 to £400**
Living expenses in Nottingham
(Including food, transport and social activities)
At least £1,015 per monthAt least £1,015 per month
Administration fee£200**£200**
Insurance£448 to £700£470 to £735
* This includes a £250 deposit for your accommodation. This will be returned to you in full when you move out of your room, on the condition that you leave it in good condition with no damage, and that there are no accommodation penalty charges to pay.
** The course learning materials cost and administration fee do not apply to students taking the Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Certificate.
† This price range is based on contracts beginning in the Autumn 2020 intake, and is subject to variation for students starting in Spring or Summer 2021. Details will become available closer to the time.

Course learning materials

The cost of course learning materials varies depending on your course. The exact amount will be confirmed in your invoice that accompanies your offer letter.

Accommodation costs

Our accommodation prices are highly competitive. Exact fees will depend on your contract length and preferred housing option. See our University of Nottingham International College accommodation page for more details.

Living expenses

You’ll need at least £1,015 per month of your pathway course, in keeping with UKVI regulations. Contact us for more information.

Administration fee

Starting from the 4th April 2018, you’ll be charged an administration fee to cover administration costs related to your application. This is payable at the same time as your tuition deposit if you accept an offer to study at the College. The fee does not apply to students taking the  Engineering and Physical Sciences Foundation Certificate.


We offer EduTravel to all students. This is a comprehensive insurance policy for studying abroad, and is offered in partnership with Endsleigh, a leading insurance provider. The price will depend on the length of policy you need — the exact cost will be confirmed in the invoice that accompanies your offer letter. If you start your pathway course online from home, we will adjust the length of your insurance policy to fit any part of your course that you study in the UK.