Latest information: Apply with confidence | Study with confidence | Live with confidence

University of Brighton International College cost of living

It’s a big financial commitment to study abroad, so you need to plan ahead. In addition to tuition fees, you need to think about things like accommodation, course learning material costs and living expenses.

The information below will help you understand these better.

Pathway course cost typeGuide cost (2020–21 academic year)
Course learning materials£200 to £500
Accommodation in Brighton£10,250 to £16,750*†
Living expenses in Brighton
(including food, transport and social activities)
At least £1,015 per month
Administration fee£200
Insurance£238 to £735
* This includes a £250 deposit for your accommodation. This will be returned to you in full when you move out of your room, on the condition that you leave it in good condition with no damage, and that there are no accommodation penalty charges to pay.
† This price range is based on contracts beginning in the Autumn 2020 intake, and is subject to variation for students starting in Spring or Summer 2021. Details will become available closer to the time.

Course learning materials

The cost of course learning materials varies depending on your pathway course length and subject. The exact amount will be confirmed in your invoice that accompanies your offer letter.

Accommodation costs

Our prices for accommodation are extremely competitive. Exact fees depend on your contract length and chosen housing option. See our University of Brighton International College accommodation page for more details.

Living expenses

You need at least £1,015 per month of your pathway course, in line with UKVI regulations. Contact us for more information.

Administration fee

You’ll be charged an administration fee to cover administration costs related to your application. This is payable at the same time as your tuition deposit if you accept an offer to study at the College.


We offer all students EduTravel, a comprehensive insurance policy for studying abroad. This is offered in partnership with Endsleigh, a leading insurance provider. The price will depend on the length of policy you need — the exact cost will be confirmed in the invoice that accompanies your offer letter. If you start your pathway course online from home, we will adjust the length of your insurance policy to fit any part of your course that you study in the UK.

Paid work

You will have the option to undertake paid work during your studies at the College, if you wish. How many hours per week you can work depends on your course level:

  • Foundation Certificate: Students studying a Foundation Certificate can work up to 10 hours a week in term time and full time during holidays.
  • International Year One: Students on International Year One courses can work for up to 20 hours a week during term time and full time during holidays.
  • Pre-Master’s: Students studying a Pre-Master’s course can work up to 10 hours a week in term time and full time during holidays.