University of Bristol International Foundation Programme courses
To study a degree at the University of Bristol, you can choose the relevant International Foundation Programme course option below. Once you’ve passed your course at the required level, with good attendance, you’re guaranteed entry to your chosen degree at the University.
Want to see what degrees are available at Bristol?
International Foundation Programme
Take the International Foundation Programme to progress to the first year of a bachelor’s degree at the University of Bristol.
- If you’ve finished high school but don’t meet the entry requirements for the University of Bristol, the International Foundation Programme can help you gain entry to the first year of an undergraduate degree.
- Taking the International Foundation Programme gives you the chance to improve your English language level, academic skills and subject knowledge.
3 International Foundation Programme courses to choose from:
- BA (Hons) Archaeology and Anthropology
- BA (Hons) English
- BA (Hons) History
- BA (Hons) Liberal Arts
- BA (Hons) Modern Languages
- BA (Hons) Music
- BA (Hons) Religion and Theology
- BA (Hons) Theatre and Film
- BSc (Hons) Biology
- BSc (Hons) Computer Science
- BSc (Hons) Mathematics
- BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering
- BSc (Hons) Pharmacology
- BSc (Hons) Physics
- BVSc Veterinary Science
- BSc (Hons) Virology and Immunology
- BSc (Hons) Accounting and Finance
- BSc (Hons) Business and Management
- BSc (Hons) Criminology
- BSc (Hons) Economics
- LLB Law
- BSc (Hons) Marketing
- BSc (Hons) Politics and International Relations
- BSc (Hons) Sociology
International Foundation Programme Plus
This more advanced version of the International Foundation Programme has higher entry requirements, but allows you to further develop your academic language and literacy.
- The International Foundation Programme Plus is for students with a higher level of English. If you have a UKVI IELTS score of at least 7.0 (overall), 6.0 in writing and 5.5 in speaking, listening and reading, or accepted equivalent, you will be automatically placed on International Programme Plus.
- This programme will give you the opportunity to focus your attention on further developing your academic language and literacy through problem-based learning, using an integrated skills approach.
- The course is available in the same three subject areas as the International Foundation Programme: Arts and Humanities; Science, Technology and Engineering; and Social Sciences and Law. Prices are also the same.
Download course details