This section will give you information about what you need to do before your arrival in New York. There are 4 steps to complete:
1. Explore your accommodation options
We will be happy to help you apply for student housing at Pace University. Our modern, secure residences provide the ideal environment for studying and for enjoying student life. Pathway program students also have the option to live with a local host family. Alternatively, we can provide tips for finding other local accommodations.
2. Apply for your student visa and review your student health requirements
When we have received your financial documents, an I-20 form will be issued to you. This form will allow you to apply for a US study visa. Here are the basic steps you will need to complete before you arrive in the USA.
Applying for your visa
- Pay the I-901 SEVIS fee and print a copy of your receipt.
- Locate the US consulate or embassy nearest to you and schedule an appointment for an interview. Interviews can be scheduled as early as 120 days prior to the start date on your I-20 form. We recommend making an appointment early, as dates can fill up quickly and visas may take up to several weeks to process, depending on where you live.
- Visit the US Department of State website to make sure you have prepared all the required documents.
- Your visa interview will likely be brief. You will be asked to discuss:
- why you wish to study at your chosen university
- your pathway program
- your future degree program
- what you plan to do after you graduate
There is no need to be nervous about this interview, but it helps to be prepared to answer these and other questions concisely.
Reviewing your health insurance
You should also review your health insurance options and submit your immunization records. If you are missing any required vaccinations, you will need to get these prior to your arrival on campus.
To learn more about these important next steps, choose your level and intake below:
3. Attend our pre-departure webinars
If you have been admitted to one of our pathway programs, you should attend at least 2 of our webinars. Each one-hour session is presented live by one of our pathway program staff, allowing you to ask any questions prior to your departure for the USA. Webinar topics include:
- Academics and pathway program structure
- Pre-arrival steps and support services
Sign up for a pre-departure webinar now to learn more.
4. Let us know when you will arrive
We can pick you up at the airport and take you directly to your accommodation. Whether you use our transfer service or plan to find your own transportation from the airport, it is important that you notify us of your arrival details.