Visa credibility sample questions and tips
When applying for a UK study visa, some students will have a credibility interview. This is so UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) can be sure that you are a genuine student.
The questions will be about you, your motivations for studying and your background. There is absolutely no need to be nervous about this interview, but it helps to be prepared. There are no right or wrong answers — just be enthusiastic, be relaxed, and above all, be yourself!
Below are some questions you could expect in a visa interview.
- What course will you study at the College, and why did you choose this course?
- What degree will you study at university, and why did you choose this degree?
- What are some of the modules you will study during the course?
Your personal and financial situation
- What do your parents do for a living? What is your parents’ annual income?
- Have you ever travelled to another country before?
- How much money will you need per month for living expenses?
- Will you have access to this money for the whole duration of your studies in the UK?
- Who will be paying for your course? (Clarify that it will be either yourself, your parents, government or company).
- Where has the money currently in your parents’ bank account come from?
Your reasons for studying in the UK
- Why did you decide to study in the UK?
- Why did you choose this university?
- Describe the city you will be living in. What attracted you to it?
Your knowledge of studying in the UK
- Where will you live in the UK, how far is it from your college, and why do you want to live there?
- How will you travel from your accommodation to the College?
- Describe the University campus. What facilities will be available to you at the University?