Please answer both prompts below and upload the short answer and longer (400 word) essay as one attachment at the end of this application. The Honors essays need to be completed and submitted with your application no later than February 1, for consideration.
1) One 150 word short-answer essay
As you can see from the Simmons website, leadership is central to their mission. Honors students in particular naturally gravitate toward leadership positions on campus and in the surrounding community. Pick one organization at Simmons or in the local Boston community that you would like to get involved in, and tell us how being of a member of the Honors Program will be beneficial to you in this role.
2) One longer 400 word essay for one of the following four prompts:
1. Before the pandemic, there was much criticism of our over-reliance on social media, and the impact of social media on self-esteem and personal relationships. Now, in this new era of COVID-19, how do you assess the impact of social media on our lives? And, in particular, what have you learned about yourself through these new applications of technology to working and learning?
2. U.S. citizens are now living in an era that has been referred to as an era of “racial reckoning.” What does that term mean to you? How do you think your college experience might change and/or deepen your views on race?
3. What can older people learn from your generation?
4. When should we compromise, and when should we stand firm in our own views/beliefs?