Don't delay your studies: find out how you can apply with confidence this year.

Kaplan International College London cost of living

Studying abroad is always a big investment, and it’s not only your tuition fees you need to think about. You’ll need to consider things like accommodation costs, course learning material costs and living expenses too.

The information below should help you understand the costs of studying abroad a bit better.

Pathway course cost typeGuide cost (2019–2020 academic year)Guide cost (2020–21 academic year)
Course learning materials£200 to £500£200 to £500
Accommodation in London£9,752 to £24,495*£12,505 to £16,366*†
Living expenses in London
(including food, transport and social activities)
At least £1,265 per monthAt least £1,265 per month
Administration fee£200£200
Insurance£448 to £700£470 to £735
* This includes a £250 deposit for your accommodation. This will be returned to you in full when you move out of your room, on the condition that you leave it in good condition with no damage, and that there are no accommodation penalty charges to pay.
† This price range is based on contracts beginning in the Autumn 2020 intake, and is subject to variation for students starting in Spring or Summer 2021. Details will become available closer to the time.

Course learning materials

The cost of course learning materials varies depending on your course. The exact amount will be confirmed in your invoice that accompanies your offer letter.

Accommodation costs

All of our accommodation prices are highly competitive. Your accommodation fees will depend on your contract length and chosen housing option. See our Kaplan International College London accommodation page for more information.

Living expenses

You’ll need at least £1,265 for each month of your pathway course, in keeping with UKVI regulations for the London area. Contact us for more information.

Administration fee

Starting from the 4th April 2018, you’ll be charged an administration fee to cover administration costs related to your application. This is payable at the same time as your tuition deposit if you accept an offer to study at the College.


We offer EduTravel to all students. This comprehensive insurance policy for studying abroad is offered in partnership with Endsleigh, a leading insurance provider. The price will depend on the length of policy you need — the exact cost will be confirmed in the invoice that accompanies your offer letter. If you start your pathway course online from home, we will adjust the length of your insurance policy to fit any part of your course that you study in the UK.